An early morning walk up the Grey Trail eventually produced our target bird for the day - Russet-winged Spadebill - but unfortunately it wasn't co-operating for the camera. REGUA has become one of the most reliable sites for this Vulnerable Atlantic Forest endemic, with at least three areas on the reserve where they can be seen. An unexpected bonus on the Grey Trail came in the form of 3 Black-legged Dacnis feeding in a flowering tree. Black-legged Dacnis have become a regular feature at the REGUA wetland in the autumn but it is still unusual to see them at this time of year.
Other birds seen today include 2 Pileated Parrot, Grey-rumped Swift, Black Jacobin, 2 Spot-billed Toucanet, 2 Yellow-eared Woodpecker, Black-cheeked Gnateater, 3 Rufous-capped Antthrush (photo below), 1 Eared Pygmy-Tyrant, 2 White-rumped Monjita, 1 Greyish Mourner, 1 Rufous-browed Peppershrike, Azure-shouldered Tanager and Golden-crowned Warbler.

A for effort Dinger, but could do better! I knpow you would not ordinarily put a record shot on your blog and yes it has niggled me slightly!
ReplyDeleteSay hi to Adilei and tell him - I shall be back!
Well I put this photo up especially for you Jaffa! Rubbish photo I agree, but a fantastic bird!
ReplyDelete