153 species of odonata have now been identified at REGUA in Brazil's Atlantic Forest, and we should be updating the REGUA website very soon. I'm a complete notice when it comes to Neotropical species, but I've been trying to put a name to any that I see. Here's a few common species I photographed at REGUA in June and September this year (click to enlarge). Many thanks to Tom Kompier for help with identifying some of the smaller damselflies.
 |
| Micrathyria catenata, wetland, 15 September 2012 |
 |
| Carmine Skimmer Orthemis discolor, wetland, 10 September 2012 |
 |
| Claret Pondhawk Erythemis mithroides, wetland, 10 September 2012 |
 |
| Cardinal Redskimmer Rhodopygia cardinalis, wetland, 15 June 2012 |
 |
| Flame-tailed Pondhawk Erythemis peruviana, wetland, 16 June 2012 |
 |
| Pin-tailed Pondhawk Erythemis plebeja, wetland, 18 September 2012 |
 |
| Male Pallid Amberwing Perithemis mooma, wetland, 15 September 2012 |
 |
| Female Pallid Amberwing Perithemis mooma, lodge moth light, 10 September 2012 |
 |
| Male Heteragrion aurantiacum, Stream along Brown Trail, 17 September 2012 |
 |
| Hetaerina hebe, Stream along Brown Trail, 17 September 2012 |
 |
Male Ischnura capreolus, wetland, 15 September 2012. These things are minute,
measuring just over 2 cm in length, and would often seemingly disappear when
they flew. |
 |
| Female Ischnura capreolus, wetland, 15 September 2012. |
No comments:
Post a Comment