Spent a few hours today seeing nothing at the moor. 2 Goosander, 1 Little Egret, 50 Fieldfares and 25 Redwings was all I had to show for grilling the place. The wintering Firecrest once again alluded me and a pair of Mallard constituted the wintering wildfowl population. I don't think I've ever seen the moor so devoid of birds - where have all the wildfowl gone?? Perhaps the swarms of dog walkers traipsing around has something to do with it? So why is it I have a problem with dog walkers? Maybe it's the two terriers that wouldn't stop jumping up at me, defying the raucous yelling of the owner to control them? Or maybe it was one couple's pack crashing into the river ruining the tranquility and flushing a probable Water Pipit? The list goes on...
 |
| Staines Moor looking south from The Butts - note the absence of avifauna |
 |
| The River Colne - note the presence of dog walkers |
No comments:
Post a Comment